Senior Communications & Public Affairs Associate
We are looking for a strong writer with at least five years of progressive media, media relations, or public relations experience who enjoys overseeing effective and engaging social media postings and campaigns. This is an exciting, outgoing, quick-paced, high-energy, team-oriented position that rewards creativity and ideas. Good multitasking skills in handling many different challenges are required.
This position primarily handles media relations, focusing on national and local media outlets as well as blogs and social media, and also works to train and coach NATCA facility representatives and other spokespersons to succeed and advance the organization’s key messages in both proactive and reactive roles. In addition, this position writes for both external and internal audiences in a wide array of materials, including press releases, op/ed columns, internal newsletter stories, membership messages and much more.
NATCA, which this year celebrates its 30th anniversary, proudly represents nearly 20,000 aviation safety professionals, including 14,000 air traffic controllers. NATCA represents not only the interests of its members, but also the safety interests of the more than 900 million people who use the U.S. National Airspace System each year.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
• Strong writing abilities;
• Newsroom or public relations experience and an ability or eagerness to work with members of the media;
• Strong interest and/or experience in working to earn proactive media placements of stories and implementing successful and creative media relations and public relations strategies; and
• The ability to work collaboratively and thrive in a close-knit team setting that values productivity and creativity, as well as the ability and eagerness to self-motivate, meet deadlines, and handle multiple responsibilities.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to NATCA Director of Communications Doug Church, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about NATCA, please visit natca.org.