This Week’s News and Notes: Welcome Denton FCT to the NATCA Family!
Thursday, January 31, 2013
NATCA last week approved the charter of the Federal Contract Tower facility in Denton, Texas (DTO), making the Robinson Aviation (RVA)-operated tower the 64th FCT facility to be represented by NATCA.
Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP)
There are many members on the VLTP list that need your help (click here to see the full list), including New York Center (ZNY) member Pete McCabe, who suffered a stroke six months ago and is starting to go into leave-without-pay status. A ZNY controller for 24 years, McCabe is about 10 months shy of retirement eligibility.
If you know of a member that needs to be added or removed from the list, please contact Doug Church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NATCA Scholarship Program
The NATCA Scholarship Program is currently accepting applications for the 2013-2014 academic year. Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1.
- Spouses, children, stepchildren and legally adopted children of active, retired, or deceased NATCA members.
- Two years continuous good standing active union membership prior to submission of application.
- Enrollment into an accredited college or university.
- For an application, please click HERE.
- Applicants wishing to receive confirmation of receipt of their applications should send a self-addressed stamped postcard along with the application.
- Applications must be sent to NATCA, 1325 Massachusetts Ave. N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, Attn: Scholarship Fund.
- A notification letter will be sent to all applicants announcing their approval or denial of scholarship funds by April 30.
- Awards will be based on a lottery system.
- Applicants must qualify for the lottery by submitting an application as well as an essay. The essay must follow the outlined question and contain no more than 500 words.
- The National President and Executive Vice President will judge qualifications for the lottery.
- Please submit an essay of no more than 500 words.
- Please ensure that you send your essay with the completed application; essays sent separately will not be considered.
- In your essay, please describe your career goals and aspirations, and highlight the importance of the union and the labor movement to your family and/or yourself and why you are deserving of a union scholarship.
- Essays must be applicants’ own work.
NATCA STORE MERCHANDISE ITEM OF THE WEEK - Luggage Tags:
ID luggage tag features "Soft-Touch" feel with translucent pocket for ID or business card. Perfect for luggage, computer bags, brief cases and backpacks. The NATCA logo is prominently and proudly displayed in white imprint.
Comes in a pack of 10 per color (blue, green, purple, red, teal) or you may choose assorted colors. Made in USA. ONLY $7.95 per bundle of 10!
Click here to see the item and order it on the NATCA Store website.
Limited supply: NATCA Reloaded apparel available for immediate shipment. Price ranges from $20.00 - $45.00 on select apparel.
To view our other products log on to natcastore.com. For assistance call 800.266.0895 or email email@example.com.
NATCA Benefits – Want a Chance to Get a Free iPad Mini
You could win a FREE iPad mini ($329 value) just for telling fellow union members about the Union AT&T wireless 15 percent discount. It’s a great way to help others save money, show support for unionized AT&T workers, and have the chance to win a new iPad mini. NATCA members can visit the following link to win: http://www.unionplus.org/contest/landing.
Legislative T-Shirt Design Contest
The National Legislative Committee announces the first "NATCA Legislative Activist T-Shirt Design Contest!”
“We've had so much interest in our current light blue, 'Legislative Activist' T-shirt that the NLC has decided to turn the next design over to the membership,” said NLC Chairman Steve Weidner.
The rules are simple:
- Entry period runs through February 4th.
- NATCA logo and/or the NATCA legislative logo must be incorporated into the design.
T-shirt must be legislatively themed.
- No advocating for or against a political party, candidate for partisan political office or partisan political group.
- Must be appropriate for workplace wear (no profanity, no Hatch Act violations).
-Design cannot be so intricate that details are difficult to see.
- The National Legislative Committee will vote on the winning design by February 8th.
- Winner will receive a $100 gift certificate. Second place will receive a $25 gift certificate.
More details HERE in this flyer.