This Week’s News and Notes: Only One Week Left to Submit Scholarship Program Applications
Thursday, February 21, 2013
The NATCA Scholarship Program is currently accepting applications for the 2013-2014 academic year. Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1.
- Spouses, children, stepchildren and legally adopted children of active, retired, or deceased NATCA members.
- Two years continuous good standing active union membership prior to submission of application.
- Enrollment into an accredited college or university.
- For an application, please click HERE.
- Applicants wishing to receive confirmation of receipt of their applications should send a self-addressed stamped postcard along with the application.
- Applications must be sent to NATCA, 1325 Massachusetts Ave. N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, Attn: Scholarship Fund.
- A notification letter will be sent to all applicants announcing their approval or denial of scholarship funds by April 30.
- Awards will be based on a lottery system.
- Applicants must qualify for the lottery by submitting an application as well as an essay. The essay must follow the outlined question and contain no more than 500 words.
- The National President and Executive Vice President will judge qualifications for the lottery.
- Please submit an essay of no more than 500 words.
- Please ensure that you send your essay with the completed application; essays sent separately will not be considered.
- In your essay, please describe your career goals and aspirations, and highlight the importance of the union and the labor movement to your family and/or yourself and why you are deserving of a union scholarship.
- Essays must be applicants’ own work.
Toby Hauck meets Congressman Don Manzullo (R-IL)
Chicago Center (ZAU) Facility Representative Toby Hauck met Congressman Don Manzullo (R-IL) at a private reception held at the Chicago Rockford International Airport. The reception honored the work of the former Congressman, thanking him for his support and dedication to the members of NATCA and the people across the country.
"Congressman Manzullo was truly a friend to NATCA and voted for NATCA on many issues that were no popular," said Hauck. "He will be missed."
Merchandise Item of the Week: Backpack
Dimensions: 14"T x 13"W x 5"D; navy bag with red accent and the NATCA logo emblazoned on the front panel. Multiple compartments, lightweight and very well padded for your laptop. Features include a mesh pocket to hold water bottles. Currently on sale for just $25. Available for immediate shipment. Made in USA.
Click here to see the item and order it on the NATCA Store website.
To view our other products log on to natcastore.com. For assistance, please call 800-266-0895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits Spotlight: Geico Insurance
Fifteen minutes could save you 15 percent or more with GEICO!
NATCA has partnered with GEICO to offer members a special discount on not only car insurance but also many other types of insurance offered by GEICO. Not only does GEICO offer competitive rates and excellent customer service, they have been serving NATCA members for over a decade.
They are one of NATCA’s longest-serving benefit partners and last year renewed its pledge to our Union by signing another contract to continue the partnership for many years to come! Plus, every quote you get with GEICO helps support NATCA membership programs and events. Visit http://tiny.cc/NATCAGEICO to go directly to the NATCA-GEICO partner page. To see more about this benefit and other great benefits available to NATCA members visit the Benefits section of the NATCA members only website at http://natcamembers.org/benefits.aspx.
Upcoming Retirement Seminars
March 22 - San Diego-North Miramar, Calif. / Registration Deadline March 11
April 12 - Los Angeles / Registration Deadline March 29
April 17-Gainesville, Va. / Registration Deadline April 5
May 6 - Oklahoma City / Registration Deadline April 22
May 10-Pembroke Pines, Fla. / Registration Deadline April 26
May 20 - Daytona Beach, Fla. / Registration Deadline May 6
June 7-Columbus, Ohio / Registration Deadline May 24
June 22-San Antonio, Texas / Registration Deadline June 7
If you wish to register for one of the above referenced seminars, please do so by signing on to the NATCA Portal: http://portal.natca.org.
Please verify the personal information listed for you including email and cell phone number. If any information is incorrect or missing, please correct or add it under the "My Profile" tab.
To register for a seminar, click the "Events" tab. Then click "2013 Retirement Seminars-Membership Registration." Complete the requested information and hit "next." When you come to the screen listing the seminars, click on the box next to the one you wish to attend, hit "next," verify your requested seminar information and then click on the "done" key. You will receive a confirmation email that your registration was complete.
Spouses and significant others are also invited to attend. Please ensure that you add them to the registration when asked if you will be bringing a guest.
For your guide to “Understanding your NATCA Federal Benefits Package,” please visit this Web site: http://natca.sharmansite.com/. If you attempt to register for a seminar on this site, it will automatically lead you to the NATCA Portal.
If you have any questions regarding these events, registration process – or would like to have a retirement seminar take place in your area - please contact Sallie Sullivan at NATCA’s National Office by either emailing her at email@example.com or calling 202-220-9803.
Would You Like To Have A NATCA Email Account?
The Information Technology Committee has unveiled a newly designed, easier to use interface for NATCA members' email system, run by Rackspace. In addition, the amount of space on each email account was recently increased from 2GB to 25GB.
Check it out at http://webmail.natca.net.
The new home page offers easy ways to sign in, sign up, ask questions, retrieve a lost password and setup your account with a mobile device. To request an email account, you can also click here.
NATCA offers two different e-mail accounts. You can have a personal e-mail account for yourself and you can have e-mail accounts for your family members.
Personal (member) e-mail accounts are first initial/last firstname.lastname@example.org. The family e-mail accounts have @natcafamily.net.
For questions or assistance, contact the IT Committee at email@example.com.