Position: Senior Social Media Associate
Travel Required: Some
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Public Affairs
NATCA/ONEU: Covered by CBA
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES: Supports the Association’s mission, vision, and values, as defined in NATCA’s Constitution, and as articulated by NATCA’s leadership. Such support is exhibited by the following: excellence, competence, commitment, and innovation in the execution of the employee’s job duties; collaboration with leadership, membership, and staff; respect for diversity; accountability for performance, and actions within the scope of employment.
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Public Affairs, this position performs a variety of functions to ensure effective communication of organizational issues and concerns, both internally and externally. The Senior Social Media Associate is responsible for leading and executing social media/digital media strategies/tactics across all platforms to advance NATCA’s overall reputation, public policy, and membership/event marketing goals. She/he will take the lead on planning, drafting, distributing, and tracking digital communications that enhance NATCA’s work and image. This position serves as an on-the-record digital spokesperson for the organization and manages incoming information requests for information from bloggers and others covering NATCA in the digital space. Assisting the Director of Public Affairs, this professional will coordinate with NATCA colleagues who manage media relations, member communications, web and outreach and events to maintain a NATCA editorial content calendar and develop coordinated social media outreach strategies. She/he will coordinate the creation of graphic and video content with their design colleague(s). She/he must stay current with the quickly evolving digital universe (including algorithm changes and understanding how to successfully package content for each social platform for the optimal results) and must have a passion for entertainment, pop culture, and data. She/he tracks and reports metrics/analytics for owned, earned, and paid social/digital content.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: The principal duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist Director of Public Affairs by working to accomplish integrated NATCA communications and outreach goals.
2. Play leading role in managing NATCA’s social media accounts and utilizing digital assets to meet communications and outreach goals. Schedule, distribute, amplify, monitor, listen, and analyze social media engagement.
3. Execute digital communications strategies and develop image-promoting content to reach and inform critical audiences through NATCA’s social media/digital channels and other third-party social media/digital channels. Drive engagement among communities through fun and creative content franchises and activations.
4. Demonstrate excellent writing, editing, and communication skills, particularly in shortform (tweets and posts).
5. Coordinate with graphics/video production colleague(s) to produce attention-grabbing content including memes, infographics, video, and more for distribution on social channels. Devise ways to repackage/re-promote other content for optimal engagement.
6. Maintain relationships and lead digital communications outreach to NATCA members, the FAA, partner associations/groups, and other stakeholders. Identify, track and build relationships with other relevant online communities and industry influencers. Monitor/track these relevant sites/digital communications and recommend appropriate reactive/proactive communications for these channels.
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with bloggers and digital media outlets. Serve as on-the-record spokesperson for organization and respond to incoming information requests from bloggers and others covering NATCA in the digital space.
8. Manage social advertising on NATCA’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
9. Counsel NATCA members and locals (FacReps and other activists) regarding best practices and messaging for their official Union social media activities.
10. Stay current with the quickly evolving social media best practices, trends, and emerging platforms (including algorithm changes and understanding how to successfully package content for each social platform for the optimal results).
11. Travel on occasion to represent the department or manage digital media activities related to NATCA member meetings and special events.
12. Work on special projects and other duties as required to promote NATCA’s success.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
• 5 years of public relations experience with some specific professional emphasis on social/digital communications;
• Excellent writing/editing skills, particularly short-form (tweets and posts);
• Core understanding how to track, measure and report digital metrics. Expertise using digital delivery and analytical tools, examples include: HootSuite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, and Cision Cloud;
• Exceptional project management skills;
• The ability to work collaboratively and thrive in a close-knit team setting that values productivity and creativity, as well as the ability and eagerness to self-motivate, meet deadlines, and handle multiple responsibilities.
How to Apply: