2016 NATCA SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
Congratulations to our 2016 NATCA Scholarship Program winners! Our President's Award winner ($2,000 scholarship) is Rebecca Kerr, daughter of Robert Kerr (Cleveland, Great Lakes Region). Below is the list of $1,000 scholarship winners:
Information about next year's program:
- Spouses, children, stepchildren, and legally adopted children of active, retired, and deceased NATCA members.
- Two years of continuous good standing active union membership prior to submission of application.
- Enrollment into an accredited college or university.
- Awards will be based on a lottery system.
- Applicants must qualify for the lottery by submitting an application as well as an essay. The essay must follow the outlined question and contain no more than 500 words.
- The NATCA President and Executive Vice President will judge qualifications for the lottery.
- Please submit an essay of no more than 500 words.
- Please ensure that you send your essay with the completed application; essays sent separately will not be considered.
- In your essay, please describe your career goals and aspirations, and highlight the importance of the union and the labor movement to your family and/or yourself and why you are deserving of a union scholarship.
- Essays must be applicants’ own work.
Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2017. Applicants wishing to receive confirmation of receipt should send a self-addressed stamped postcard along with the application.
Applications should be mailed to:
Attn: Scholarship Fund
1325 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
You can also email a PDF of your application and essay to email@example.com.
A notification letter will be sent to all applicants announcing their approval or denial of scholarship funds by April 30, 2017.
Past Scholarship Winners