Anonymous Information Gathered Automatically
Our web servers automatically collect and store anonymous information about your visit including, but not limited to:
- The Internet domain name (for example, “xcompany.com’ if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The click-through rates;
- The amount of time that your spend on our site; and
- The pages you visit.
Personally Identifiable Information
In some areas of this website, visitors may provide voluntary contact information. For example, in the “Contact Us” section of the site, you can email for more information or with questions about the site. You must include contact information in your email if you desire a response. If you feel more comfortable contacting us via U.S. Postal Mail, telephone, or fax, please use the following contact information:
ATTN: Communications Department
1325 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
Phone: 202-628-5451 or Toll Free: 800-266-0895
Members may be granted access to additional information on the members-only portions of the website if they set up a profile. We store a member’s full name, NATCA membership number, facility, and username and password. We use this information to authenticate current users and to grant access to new users.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use the information collected from this site for several purposes:
- We use the anonymous information gathered automatically by our web server to determine overall site traffic, popularity of areas of the site, what our users are looking for, and where our users are linking to us from. Aggregate information may be provided to our member organizations for statistical reporting.
- If you are a NATCA member and elect to access the members-only portions of the site, you will use your issued username and password to access the site. This username and password combination is issued through authenticating a user with the user’s NATCA membership number.
- We will not provide any personally identifiable information to any third parties without your consent, except that we reserve the right to provide personally identifiable information to third parties if we reasonably believe that the release of information is necessary: (1) to comply with legal requirements or legal process; (2) to protect and defend the rights or property of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association; or (3) to protect the other users of the site or the public.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 13, in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA, please visit: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.shtm
Correcting or Deleting Submitted Information
If you feel any information submitted by you is incorrect, or if you wish to have us delete any information you have submitted to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To determine if users are signed in as members, we may use a certain type of “cookie.” Cookies are data that a website can send to your browser. Session cookies (also known as session variables) are kept in your browser's memory and, depending on your browser settings, may be purged after your browser session is over. Session cookies are used to keep track of passwords, preferences, orders, and various other aspects of a user's “session” within a website.
Security and Intrusion Detection
For site security purposes, and to help make this site available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Be aware that no transmission of data over the Internet can be completely secure. We do not employ secure socket layer (SSL) encryption or like technology.
Notification of Changes
NATCA may change this policy at any time.
Other Websites and Links
The terms “you” and “User,” as used herein, refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the natca.org website for any reason:
- You may not use the natca.org website in violation of any applicable law or regulation; and
- You do not use the website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of NATCA. You agree not to solicit any users of the website with respect to their user comments.
User Content: You are solely responsible for your own user content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. Your user content may be used, modified, or removed by NATCA for any purpose without your permission. You agree not to create any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, violent, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or potentially libelous or inflammatory, as solely determined by NATCA. NATCA does not endorse user content and expressly disclaims any liability related to user content. NATCA does not permit the infringement of intellectual property rights on natca.org.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act: If you are a copyright owner and believe that any content on the natca.org website infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to NATCA’s designated Copyright Agent. The notification should be in writing and should include the information indicated below (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for additional information).
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the NATCA to contact the complaining party (for example, address, telephone number, or email address);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner; and
- A statement that information contained in the complaint is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
NATCA’s designated Copyright Agent for receipt of notices of claimed infringement is:
ATTN: General Counsel
1325 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
Disclaimer: The natca.org website contains links to other websites. If you choose to use any of these links, you will be leaving our website and going to a third-party (external) website. NATCA is not responsible for the content on the third-party websites.