June 30, 2017 // WorkLife Wisdom: Geriatric Care Management and Elder Care Services
Do you have an elderly parent or grandparent who needs more assistance with basic tasks? Are you spending work time or taking leave to search for long distance or local elder care resources? Through the FAA WorkLife Program’s Geriatric Care Management and Elder Care Services, you can get assistance and resources to reduce the anxiety of finding high quality care for someone you love.
Get advice from a trained Geriatric Care Management professional
Caring for an elderly parent or relative comes with many challenges. Your Geriatric Care Management benefits include the opportunity to speak with a trained geriatric care professional at no cost. You can get answers to your questions in order to make more informed decisions.
Geriatric Care Management Services offers a free in-depth assessment by a geriatric care professional at your aging relative’s current residence
- The consultant will assess the following:
- The medical, physical, psychological, and cognitive functioning of the older person
- The safety and security of the elderly person’s living environment
- The person’s ability to take care of his or her basic needs (eating, bathing, getting dressed, transportation to appointments, etc.)
- The person’s current social support network (family members, friends, caregivers)
- Any unique challenges the person faces
The geriatric care professional will identify areas of risk to the elderly person’s safety, security, or independence; and provide solutions to address the person’s individual needs. Following the assessment, you will receive a comprehensive report outlining your loved one’s needs, the issues of concern, and a plan for implementing recommendations.
To schedule an in-home assessment with a geriatric care professional, call Magellan Health Services at (800) 234-1327 (TTY 800-456-4006).
Learn more about other WorkLife elder care services
In addition to the Geriatric Care Management Services, your WorkLife benefits also include a number of services you can take advantage of:
- Locate an elder care support facility such as a senior center, retirement community, adult day care, or assisted living facility
- Learn more about aging and adult care issues
- Learn how to take reduce caregiving stress
Your WorkLife Solutions Program is available to you and your household members by calling 800-234-1327 (TTY 800-456-4006) 24 hours a day, seven days a week. By using this toll free number, you can log into FAA’s WorkLife Services at www.magellanhealth.com/member.