July 7, 2017 // FAA Announces Job Vacancy for Air Traffic Control Specialist Trainees
The Federal Aviation Administration has announced a job vacancy for air traffic control specialist trainees. Do you have family or friends who could be interested in joining you in the best career in the world? Share the job posting with them.
- Be a United States citizen
- Be under the age of 31
- Pass a medical examination
- Pass a security investigation
- Pass the FAA air traffic pre-employment tests
- Speak English clearly enough to be understood over communications equipment
- Have three years of progressively responsible work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of post-secondary education and work experience that totals three years
- Be willing to relocate to an FAA facility based on agency staffing needs
Click here for more information on the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for air traffic controllers.
Prospective aviation safety professionals may want to check out the Air Traffic (AT) Basics Self-Assessment. The material in this self-assessment is based on the AT Basics course taught at the FAA Academy. It provides fundamental knowledge of the air traffic control position for those preparing to attend the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City. The optional, online, self-paced course is not considered official FAA training.