NATCA Charitable Foundation Seeks Directors
The NATCA Charitable Foundation (NCF) is electing members to serve on the Board of Directors. The elections will take place on Nov. 9, 2017. The two-year term will begin on January 1, 2018. There is no restriction to the number of terms served. A Director must be a member in good standing of NATCA, as defined in Article III of NATCA’s National Constitution. This includes Active, Associate and Retired members.
NCF is run by its Executive Board, which includes five Directors and four Officers. One Director is NATCA’s Executive Vice President. The other four Directors are elected, by a combined vote of NATCA’s National Executive Board (NEB) and NCF’s current Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities of NCF Board of Directors:
- Executive oversight of NCF
- Determines mission and purpose of NCF
- Elects NCF Officers in even-numbered years
- Ensures effective planning, monitoring, and strengthening of programs and services
- Ensures adequate financial resources and provides proper financial oversight
- Builds a competent board
- Ensures legal and ethical integrity
- Enhances the foundation’s public standing
Directors are expected to attend the Annual Meeting, held at the NATCA National Office, in November of each year – usually coinciding with the NEB’s November (budget) meeting. Directors are expected to be an active part of NCF, participating in committees, volunteering for events, voting online for things that come up between meetings, and participating in other activities that may come up.
If you would like to be considered to serve on the NCF Board of Directors, please answer the following questions and submit a resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: Oct. 28, 2017
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Are you a NATCA member in good standing?
- Do you have any experience working with charities/organizations?
- Any other information you want the NCF board to consider on your behalf.
If you would like more information or have questions about the position please contact Corrie Conrad at 907-957-1511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.