We Guide You Home

Temporary OJTI Premium Increase

Brothers and Sisters:

Please find the linked national Memorandum of Understanding between FAA and NATCA that provides bargaining unit employees conducting On-The-Job Training (OJT) an additional premium pay of 10 percent (10%). This addition makes the total On-The-Job Training Instruction (OJTI) premium pay 20% of the applicable hourly rate of Base Pay times the number of hours and portions of an hour during which the employee is providing OJT while the employee receiving training is directly involved in the separation and control of live traffic or training on a position in the TMU/ATCSS/USNOF. This additional 10% supplements the OJTI premium pay provided by Article 68 of the CBA.

The temporary increase in OJTI premium pay is part of a joint overall effort, including the National Training Initiative (NTI), to address training in all facilities. ATO and NATCA continue to collaborate on a variety of efforts to improve training, which is necessary to address controller staffing in many facilities.

The additional OJTI premium pay will be effective the first full pay period in September (beginning Sept. 11, 2022) and will continue for a period of one year, with the option to extend for an additional year by mutual agreement of the Parties at the national level.

We are coordinating with the Department of the Interior on the programming necessary to implement the additional premium pay. In the event that programming is not complete before the effective date, the initial payment will be paid retroactive to Sept. 11, 2022.

In Solidarity,

The National Executive Board

Tag Cloud:
Jump to top of page