AOPA Air Safety Institute Flight Assist Commendation Award
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Air Safety Institute (ASI) has forged a strong partnership with NATCA, collaborating closely to deliver critical safety education to numerous general aviation pilots and controllers. A decade ago, AOPA introduced the AOPA Air Safety Institute Flight Assist Commendation Award, a prestigious accolade designed to honor controllers who have demonstrated exceptional service, keen situational awareness, and outstanding teamwork when assisting general aviation pilots facing challenging circumstances to achieve safe landings.
At CFS 2023, AOPA ASI Senior Vice President, Richard McSpadden, presented the AOPA Air Safety Institute Flight Assist Commendation Award to the following recipients:
- From Newark Tower (EWR): Angela Diolosa, Michael Jones, and Joseph Tesoriero;
- From Cleveland ARTCC (ZOB): Jeff Smith;
- From Indianapolis Tower (IND): Todd Hilton and Jarrett Mckinney;
- From Cincinnati Tower (CVG): Justin Dobso and Zach Huck;
- From Columbia Tower (CAE): William Hinson, Justin Mendelson, Gregory Mack, and Felipe Vicini;
- From Dallas-Fort Worth TRACON (D10): Michael Coyne.